This StatPack provides a visual overview of omnichannel retailing trends. The various metrics covered include the following:
- The dollar amount of in-store sales influenced by digital sources.
- Factors driving and hindering omnichannel tactics.
- Shopping and buying behavior on the consumer path to purchase.
- Ways in which digital can improve the in-store experience.
- Consumer uptake of and attitudes toward buying online and picking up in-store (aka BOPUS).
Two definitions to know:
Omnichannel retailing: The evolution from multichannel retailing, omnichannel is the practice of using all available shopping channels to buy or sell goods or services. This includes in-store, internet, mobile and catalog sales.
Shipping and delivery: Activities involved in moving a product or service from the supplier/retailer to the customer. Includes shipping, delivery, supply chain, fulfillment, as well as buy online, pick up instore (BOPUS) and click and collect.