This StatPack provides a visual overview of updated eMarketer forecasts and data from third-party sources on ad spending in the US financial services industry. Here’s what you’ll find inside:
- Digital ad spending by format—search, display, mobile, digital video.
- Factors influencing ad spend among major financial services players and the entire industry.
- Cross-industry comparisons of ad spending trends.
- Financial services include insurance, commercial banks, credit agencies, consumer finance companies, business credit institutions and credit card agencies.
Methodology: eMarketer’s US digital ad spending by industry estimates are updated twice a year to keep our subscribers abreast of trends in this business-critical area. For this forecast, we analyzed nearly 60 interviews and over 160 metrics from 16 sources, including macro-level economic conditions; historical trends of the advertising market; historical trends of each medium in relation to other media; reported revenues from major ad publishers; estimates from other research firms; consumer media consumption trends; consumer device usage trends; and eMarketer interviews with executives at ad agencies, brands, media publishers and other industry leaders.
What We Measure: eMarketer’s digital ad spending figures include advertising that appears on desktop and laptop computers, as well as on mobile phones and tablets, and all the ad formats on those platforms: banner ads (static display), classified ads, email (embedded ads only), mobile messaging (SMS, MMS and peer-to-peer [P2P] messaging), rich media, search ads (including contextual test links, paid inclusion, paid listings and search engine optimization [SEO]), sponsorships, lead generation (referrals) and video [including in-banner, in-stream and in-text]).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Financial Services Digital Ad Spending Outlook
- Financial Services Digital Ad Spending, by Format
- Display vs. Search
- Digital Video
- Programmatic Ad Spending
- Financial Services Mobile Ad Spending