The number of people using conversational AI tools, such as voice assistants, is growing. Adoption will continue to expand among consumers and companies as the AI industry figures out how to address privacy and ethical concerns.
3 KEY QUESTIONS THIS REPORT WILL ANSWER
- How large is the voice assistant market, and how big will it become?
- What are the most important changes ahead?
- What do these developments mean for brands and marketers?
WHAT’S IN THIS REPORT? Our forecast for voice assistant users in the US, trends driving conversational AI, and ways in which brands can take advantage of emerging opportunities.
KEY STAT: This year, 123.5 million US adults will use voice assistants at least once per month, and that base will continue to increase over the next few years.
Here’s what’s in the full report
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Key Points
- Sizing the Opportunity: The Voice Assistant User Base Will Continue to Increase
- What’s Changing that Will Affect This Forecast?
- What Does This Mean for Brands?
Charts in the Report
- US Voice Assistant Users, 2021-2025 (millions and % of population)
- US Smart Speaker Users, 2021-2025 (millions and % of population)
- US Smartphone Voice Assistant Users, 2021-2025 (millions and % of voice assistant users)
- US Voice Assistant User Penetration, by Age, 2022 (% of population in each group)
- US Smart Speaker Users, by Select Activities, 2021-2025 (millions and % of smart speaker users)
- US Smart Speaker Buyers, 2021-2025 (millions and % of population)
- Which Shopping Activities Do US Voice Assistant Users Conduct Using Their Voice Assistant? (% of respondents, April 2021)
- How Interested Are US Adults in Voice Shopping? (% of respondents, by demographic, Dec 2021)
- US Smart Speaker Users, by Brand, 2021 (millions)
- Select Activities that US Voice Assistant Users Conduct via Voice Assistant, May 2021 (% of respondents)
- US Parent Internet Users Who Use Emerging Technology, 2020 & 2021 (% of respondents)
- Customer-Facing Use Cases for Virtual Assistants by Technology Professionals Worldwide, April 2021 (% of respondents )
- Customer Service Channels that Are Currently Most Used vs. Will Be Most Used in 3 Years According to Decision-Makers in North America, May 2021 (% of respondents)
- Frequency with Which US Adults Use Voice Assistants in Select Locations/Situations, May 2021 (% of respondents)
- Change in Consumer Demand for Voice/Audio Tech & Content According to Voice Tech Professionals Worldwide, July 2020 (% of respondents)
- Benefits and Drawbacks of Shopping Using a Voice Assistant According to US Internet Users, April 2021 (% of respondents)